Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Notifications stop working

dbottillo July 9, 2020

Hi, I have a board that I'm watching and usually when I select a "due date" for a card I get notified via the app or email. Since few days I'm not receiving any notifications any more, I'm using the Trello app on Mac, Android and iPad. I also tried to use the website for a bit, but still nothing, notifications are not coming through anymore and I'm not sure how to debug. I even tried to turn off watching the board and turn it on back and still nothing. Anyone know what could cause the problem? Thanks

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Garrett
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 16, 2020

Hey @dbottillo 

Hm, that definitely sounds strange. Are you not receiving any notifications at all or are those only not coming in for due dates specifically?

One thing I'd recommend double checking is the reminder you have set for your due dates, perhaps that is current set to not remind you at all.

To try a quick test, can you create a new card then set a due date and the reminder to something like 1 hour before?

If that still doesn't get you a notification, would you mind sending us a message over at https://trello.com/contact along with a link to the card you tested with?

That'll let us do a bit more digging!

dbottillo July 20, 2020

Right, after few days of paying attention to the issue, I think the problem is that they didn't have reminder attached to them. I think it's because reminders weren't set automatically, I had the assumption that by default there is always a reminder but it actually remembers the last reminder set, so I must have added a due date WITHOUT a reminder and I haven't noticed that next due dates didn't have a reminder either.

Sorry about that! I guess Trello is smarter than I was expecting :P

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events