Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Celebration

Earn badges and make progress

You're on your way to the next level! Join the Kudos program to earn points and save your progress.

Deleted user Avatar
Deleted user

Level 1: Seed

25 / 150 points

Next: Root

1 badge earned

Collect

Participate in fun challenges

Challenges come and go, but your rewards stay with you. Do more to earn more!

Challenges
Coins

Gift kudos to your peers

What goes around comes around! Share the love by gifting kudos to your peers.

Recognition
Ribbon

Rise up in the ranks

Keep earning points to reach the top of the leaderboard. It resets every quarter so you always have a chance!

Leaderboard

Notifications and email to card

Terressa Elliott
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
Sep 21, 2023

Hello, I'm a bit stuck with the Trello where I'm emailing to a card and I want a notification that there is a new card.  I've turned notifications on, pressed the 'eye' so its being watched and added an action to add my name to the card, but there is nowhere that I get a little mesage to say there is a new card...........

Is there an easier way to give the email address to a collaborator who I want him to email his task lists to me.  I believe the email to board is just for me................any help with this?

2 answers

0 votes
Christl_Email for Trello
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
Oct 09, 2023

Hi @Terressa Elliott👋

Did you manage to set up your notifications?

I thought I would add, regarding your email query, if you are wanting to email in and out of Trello using your own/existing emails address, you might find our Power-Up useful: Email for Trello

Here is a quick summary article of how it works: How to send and receive emails in Trello

Hope that helps!

Feel free to reach out you have any questions hello@sendboard.com 

Hey Terressa,

I'm not 100% certain that I know what you want, but I think you are asking for notifications every time a card is added to the board?

I think it sounds like you are 'watching' the *card* (pressing the eye), but you can also Watch at higher levels too.

• You can watch a list by clicking the 3 dots at the top right of a list and selecting Watch on the list actions menu
  • You can watch a board by clicking the 3 dots at the top right of the board and clicking the eye on that menu

BUT according to this https://support.atlassian.com/trello/docs/receiving-trello-notifications/ you WON'T receive a notification for cards that you create.

It also depends how you want to receive the notification - is it just via notifications on the board? or do you want to be emailed every time? or emailed a summary?

Maybe it would work better for you to setup  email reports using Butler? There's more about that here; https://support.atlassian.com/trello/docs/creating-reports-with-butler/

Hopefully that helps,

Tara

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events