cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Notification for label change

Sarah Churcher
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
June 15, 2022

I'm hoping to be emailed when a staff member changes the colour label on a card, alerting me the fact that it has moved to the next stage. I have changed my notification settings to 'Instantly' but this hasn't helped. Does anyone know if there is a way of doing this?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Hannah Humbert - Simpla Workflows
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 15, 2022

Hi @Sarah Churcher ! Welcome to the community :) label changes are not included in Trello's default notifications. A best practice would be to use lists to represent the status instead. That way, you'll get a notification by default, plus you'll be able to get a timestamp in the card of when something transitioned from one status to the next, and who made that change. 

If you're set on using labels, you can set up a custom notification using butler automation. It would be a basic rule-based command that would be triggered when a label change occurs. You can then set the action to either add a comment to the card or send an email notification. Happy to provide more details on this option if you need :)

Sarah Churcher
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
June 18, 2022

This is great! Thank you so much, I'll move to your idea of moving the card to another list. Perfect.

Like # people like this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events