Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Notification counter has dissapeared

Artur Skuliar January 16, 2019

I had a problem with notification counter showing more unread notifications when in fact everything was marked as read. Now the counter has dissapeared at all. Can someone please explain me how this works? Is there a setting/trigger for this counter that can be enabled/disabled? 

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Artur Skuliar January 16, 2019

Right now when a new notification appears, it just becomes red without a number.

Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 17, 2019

@Artur Skuliarare you referring to the notification counter in the top right of the screen when using the web or desktop apps, or the notification counter in the dock or task bar in macos/windows, or the notification counter in the badge on a mobile app?

Artur Skuliar January 17, 2019

@Iain Dooley I'm referring to the web app.

Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 17, 2019

@Artur Skuliar okay yep I'm seeing similar differences.

My guess is Trello is doing an experiment. I saw a notification counter in the desktop app but it says "1" when no notifications are unread, and the web app just went red with no number at all.

So it seems maybe both an experiment is ongoing, plus there is an error with the way it's counting unread notifications in the desktop app (or a lag with marking them read).

Trello often runs experiments where users see different behaviours, you can confirm this by emailing support@trello.com

Artur Skuliar January 17, 2019

@Iain Dooley I thought so! Thanks for the tip, I'll definitely check with them on email. 

0 votes
Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 16, 2019

@Artur Skuliar the counter disappears when everything is read. When you get a new notification, are you seeing a new notification marker appear?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events