Not getting butler email notifications

Yuri Chu Su April 11, 2022

I have set up butlers to add tasks to a To Do list. I have set them to trigger as "due now." I did this before and I would get an email notification, however it is not happening. If i set it as "due in 5 minutes" still nothing. I am adding myself as a member and I am watching the list and I have my email notifications set as "immediately. When I add a card manually I do get the emails from trello telling me my card is due / over due, but not from butlers. How can I fix this? I ultimately want email notifications for these butlers. 

Thank you!!

1 answer

0 votes
Hannah Humbert - Simpla Workflows
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 11, 2022

Hi @Yuri Chu Su ! Welcome to the community :) are you able to clarify if the issue is:

A) You're getting the native due date reminders for all cards except for the ones automatically created by butler.

B) You've set up custom email reminders using butler automation and you're not getting any emails.

Yuri Chu Su April 11, 2022

A.

The native due date reminders work but for butlers I dont get email notifiations when they are due even though i am a member in the card, the card is due, i am watching the list

Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 11, 2022

You should get due date reminders from any card, as long as the due date has been set, and you're watching the card - regardless of whether the card was created manually or automatically. I tested it out on my end and received a notification. Do you see the reminder when opening your notifications like so?

due date reminder 1.PNG

Also, there's a red bell on the card like so:

card reminder.PNG

Just trying to see if the issue is you're not getting notified at all, or if you're not receiving the email. 

Also, are you able to share the butler rule you've created/any screenshots of your cards? 

Yuri Chu Su April 12, 2022

So the cards that are added automatically arent triggering a notification or the email. See screenshot below, only the ones added manually trigger the red bell and email. 

Screenshot 2022-04-12 091103.jpgScreenshot 2022-04-12 091023.jpg

Community Leader
Community Leader
April 12, 2022

Hmm interesting. I tested it out on my side and this is what I found:

Calendar command to create new card at 12:00 pm, add my user as a member, and set due to 7 minutes.

1. New card is created at 12:00pm, I'm added as a member, and the due date is set for today at 12:07 pm
2. The due date reminder is set to 5 minutes before by default due to me setting the reminder to 5 mins in a previous card.
3. 12:02 pm rolls around and I have not received a notification

I tested again, and this time, I set the reminder to be 10 mins before in a previous card. Using the same calendar command.

1. New card is created at 12:00pm, I'm added as a member, and the due date is set for today at 12:07 pm
2. Reminder is set to 10 mins before by default. I then manually change reminder to 5 mins before.
3. 12:02 pm rolls around and I get the red bell on the card/get notified as expected.

I don't really know what the expected behaviour should be in this scenario, so I'd suggest reaching out to Trello support to see what's happening https://trello.com/contact#/

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events