No option to choose Custom Fields when copying cards

John Baxter March 7, 2022

I created a new board, template list and template card inside the list. I also created 2 vendor boards and I need to copy the template list into their boards.  When I have done this in the past I was able to see everything inside the template including description, check list and custom fields.  This did not work so I created a list inside each board labeled Templates and copied just the card into the list.  The only option available was check list.  I can not get it to copy the custom fields at all.

ss 2022-03-07 at 4.53.33 PM.jpg

1 answer

0 votes
Hannah Humbert - Simpla Workflows
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 7, 2022

Hi @John Baxter ! Welcome to the community :) That seems strange! When I copy a card, I see the option to copy checklists, labels, comments, and custom fields. Within the destination board, are you restricted from creating things like custom fields? Can you jump in there and try and create one manually?

Also, could you try the copy + paste shortcut? So, hover over the front of the card, hit "ctrl + c", go to your destination board, hover your mouse over the destination list and hit "ctrl + v". 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events