Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

No card links displayed in email notifications of reports

Hello there, 

I am trying to set up automation to generate a report of all cards from a column due in 2 days and send an email with a link to these cards, but I end up with a blank email. What am I doing wrong? This is what the command looks like:

every day, create a report in variable "report" with all cards due in less than 2 days in list "Code Review" using pattern "[{cardname}]({cardlink}) ({cardmemberusernames}) => DUE on {cardduedate}\"", and send an email notification to "<email>" with subject "Code Review Due" and message "\"{$report_html}\""

1 answer

0 votes
Laura Holton Community Leader Dec 07, 2021

Hi @Mythri Raveendra 👋

Welcome to the Community! It seems this has been raised twice as a question but to help I've popped the same answer in both...

I've been taking a look at this for you, as well as using Trello's 'Creating reports with Butler' page as a reference.

I believe I spotted a little bit missing in your commands. It's kind of like a game of spot the difference but I've popped in two examples below and then yours further down...

Trello Example 1

create a report with all cards in list "Done"
using pattern "- [{cardname}]({cardlink}) ({cardmemberusernames}) {{%Priority}}"

Trello Example 2

every friday at 11:45 pm,
create a report in variable "Doing"
with all cards in list "Doing"
using pattern "- [{cardname}]({cardlink}) ({cardmemberusernames}) {{%Priority}} => DUE on {cardduedate}",
create a report in variable "Done" with all cards in list "Done"
using pattern "- [{cardname}]({cardlink}) ({cardmemberusernames}) {{%Priority}} => DONE on {{%Completion Date}}",
and send an email notification to every member of the board
with subject "Report for week #{weeknumber}"
and message "Doing:\n\n{$Doing}\n\nDone:\n\n{$Done}"

Your Example

every day, create a report in variable "report" with all cards due in less than 2 days in list "Code Review" using pattern "[{cardname}]({cardlink}) ({cardmemberusernames}) => DUE on {cardduedate}\"", and send an email notification to "*****@***.com" with subject "Code Review Due" and message "\"{$report_html}\""

My suggestion

every day at 10:15am,
create a report in variable "report"
with all cards due in less than 2 days in list "Code Review"
using pattern "- [{cardname}]({cardlink}) ({cardmemberusernames}) {{%Priority}} => DUE on {cardduedate}\",
and send an email notification to "*****@***.com"
with subject "Code Review Due"
and message "\"{$report_html}\"

I hope this helps but let me know if you have any questions or it's still not working 😃

All the best,

Laura

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Posted in Trello

Taco Tuesday: New years' resolutions with Trello

Congratulations to @Laura Holton , our latest winner of Taco Tuesday! And thanks to @Kristjan Geir Mathiesen - Origo for sharing the picture of Taco having fun with his new friend...

524 views 19 20
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you