No card links displayed in email notifications of reports

Mythri Raveendra December 6, 2021

Hello there, 

I am trying to set up automation to generate a report of all cards from a column due in 2 days and send an email with a link to these cards, but I end up with a blank email. What am I doing wrong? This is what the command looks like:

every day, create a report in variable "report" with all cards due in less than 2 days in list "Code Review" using pattern "[{cardname}]({cardlink}) ({cardmemberusernames}) => DUE on {cardduedate}\"", and send an email notification to "<email>" with subject "Code Review Due" and message "\"{$report_html}\""

1 answer

0 votes
Laura Holton _ACE Rotterdam_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 7, 2021

Hi @Mythri Raveendra 👋

Welcome to the Community! It seems this has been raised twice as a question but to help I've popped the same answer in both...

I've been taking a look at this for you, as well as using Trello's 'Creating reports with Butler' page as a reference.

I believe I spotted a little bit missing in your commands. It's kind of like a game of spot the difference but I've popped in two examples below and then yours further down...

Trello Example 1

create a report with all cards in list "Done"
using pattern "- [{cardname}]({cardlink}) ({cardmemberusernames}) {{%Priority}}"

Trello Example 2

every friday at 11:45 pm,
create a report in variable "Doing"
with all cards in list "Doing"
using pattern "- [{cardname}]({cardlink}) ({cardmemberusernames}) {{%Priority}} => DUE on {cardduedate}",
create a report in variable "Done" with all cards in list "Done"
using pattern "- [{cardname}]({cardlink}) ({cardmemberusernames}) {{%Priority}} => DONE on {{%Completion Date}}",
and send an email notification to every member of the board
with subject "Report for week #{weeknumber}"
and message "Doing:\n\n{$Doing}\n\nDone:\n\n{$Done}"

Your Example

every day, create a report in variable "report" with all cards due in less than 2 days in list "Code Review" using pattern "[{cardname}]({cardlink}) ({cardmemberusernames}) => DUE on {cardduedate}\"", and send an email notification to "*****@***.com" with subject "Code Review Due" and message "\"{$report_html}\""

My suggestion

every day at 10:15am,
create a report in variable "report"
with all cards due in less than 2 days in list "Code Review"
using pattern "- [{cardname}]({cardlink}) ({cardmemberusernames}) {{%Priority}} => DUE on {cardduedate}\",
and send an email notification to "*****@***.com"
with subject "Code Review Due"
and message "\"{$report_html}\"

I hope this helps but let me know if you have any questions or it's still not working 😃

All the best,

Laura

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events