Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Newb - Is there a way to include activity when copying a board?

Jason Flaherty December 6, 2019

I've jumped into Trello headfirst this week and am loving it.  I've added about 200 cards into a board with a bunch of detailed comments in many of the cards.  I want to share copies of the board with two separate groups of people but don't want them to see each other.  I thought I would just be able to use the copy board feature, but was disappointed to see that activity does not carry over when copying a board.  Is there any way to copy activity when copying to a new board?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Esme Crutchley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 8, 2019

Hi @Jason Flaherty 

I found this problem as well. The only way that I've found to get around it is to 'copy list' for all the ones you want to copy then move the copies to a new board. When you do it this way, all the activity is copied into the cards in the new list, then when you move each list, they're all there.

You would have thought when you copy a board, it would behave in the same way as when you copy a list, however, it would appear that it doesn't.

This is the only way that I have found to make sure that everything is the same (copy the list > move the copied list to another board)

Sorry I couldn't be of any more help

Esme :)

Jason Flaherty December 8, 2019

@Esme CrutchleyThat's actually a huge help!  As long as there's a way to do it, I don't mind if it takes a few extra steps to do it.  

Best,

Jason

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events