Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New and not a developer - looking for a halfway house solution to information sharing

Melinda White June 28, 2019

I work on a team of people who are effectively knowledge workers.  We parse, synthesize and analyse a combination of qualitative and quantitative data and make decisions off the back of our analysis.  I'm looking for a quick and dirty solution to sharing pithy qualitative analysis amongst the team that will allow us to share ideas more efficiently but also use these comments and ideas in client reporting

1. effectively log those comments against a unique identifier (stock code - up to 1000 different stock codes eventually).

2. allow us to assign secondary subject category tags

3. search by subject category or by ticker

4. dump out information to bespoke client reports in word or excel or PDF

Trello is a nice starting point for us, but I'm wondering whether there's a capability to

a) create more of a unique identifier database structure and...

b) dump out the comments by date range or category? 

or if there's an app that will plug into one of the Atlassian suite of products that would allow us to use it this way.  

Thanks for your comments!

2 answers

0 votes
marc -Collabello--Phase Locked-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 30, 2019

Another suggestion is to look into Jira.  It is more complicated than Trello in terms of setup, but has a much more powerful query language (JQL), and integration options with databases.

0 votes
Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 28, 2019

@Melinda White hey Melinda, it sounds like you might benefit from putting some of your data from Trello into spreadsheets for further analysis, and/or synching data between boards and/or subtasking. It's a pretty wide ranging set of requirements, but I created a framework for automating Trello with Google Apps Script called Trellinator that would allow a developer to meet these requirements cost effectively:

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Marketplace-Apps-articles/Introducing-Trellinator-Automate-Trello-with-Google-Apps-Script/ba-p/925271

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events