Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Filter Downgrade

Henderson Mele October 13, 2021

My filter menu just updated today.

Is there a way to downgrade to the older version? The new one is terrible, at least for me, when compared to the old one.

2 main reasons:

1) The labels menu is always collapsed. To change the label filtered I have to click, scroll, search desired label and then activate/deactivate. On the old version most used labels were always on top, always visible. Just pressing F then clicking on the label would do the job.

2) Combining 2 filters: on the old version if I selected "overdue", "label 1" and "label 2", it would filter all overdue cards with "label 1" OR "label 2". Now there is no way to do this filter. I have to either select label 1 or label 2. This together with the change on (1) above makes it terrible to use and switch between labels.
If I use the "any match" option, it will return all cards overdue, all cards with label 1 and all cards with label 2.

So for example, a very usual filter like: filter all overdue cards from two different labels is not possible to do anymore.

4 answers

0 votes
chenxiwang November 9, 2021

can't agree more, this new filter is really killing me ><

0 votes
Karl Macnaughton October 27, 2021

I have to agree that this new filter is just awful and unusable really.

It used to be REALLY easy to pretty much instantly filter by label and cards due in the next day. Now it's a real faff and extremely irritating. I'm not really understanding how any value is added by the new design of this feature at all. Quite the opposite.

Henderson Mele October 27, 2021

I believe they changed at least a bit since I made my question.
Now the "any match" filter is applied only to the labels and members as it was before the "upgrade". For me at least this makes a huge difference. At least the filter is useful again.

But I still don't understand what was the improvement on this new layout. Before we had a scroll, now we have to click the dropdown to find the member and label we want. Pretty annoying.

0 votes
Raymond Wang
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 14, 2021

@Henderson MeleThank you for your feedback! We took on this redesign of the filtering experience in Trello in order to improve clarity and accessibility for the most common flows, in addition to bringing the functionality closer to your work within the board itself.

I hear you that there are some changes in the UI that increase friction in your day-to-day work, and your feelings are absolutely valid. This feature — as well as Trello as a whole — is in constant iteration and development, so we will seek to improve your experience as much as we can in the near future! In the meantime, please continue to send along feedback for how you like to use filters in Trello. It really helps!

0 votes
Peter De Smedt October 14, 2021

I got it working now.. 

but Trello, please warn us beforehand of such critical changes. Thanks. 

My main question is why does Trello not warn paying customers of changes coming?

Why does Trello not warn paying customers of changes already done?

Peter De Smedt October 14, 2021

An I agree with the topic starter both remarks. We lost very important functionality here. 

Henderson Mele October 14, 2021

Did you manage to work around this issues?

Peter De Smedt October 15, 2021

For me a game changer was to use the exact match option in the Filter option.

@Trello please make this the default option :) I do not see any use for the any option yet, at least in my case. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events