Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need to limit the amount of cards a single member can have to one card at a time, is this possible?

John Hendricks February 27, 2018

I am using trello for scheduling and dispatching for our oilfield service company.  Each job is a card and I have our operators created at "observers".  I'd need to limit the number of cards that an operator can be on to one at a time per list.  This is so that I am not double booking our guys and missing jobs. 

1 answer

0 votes
Matthew N
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 27, 2018

Hey John

While there's not a way to limit the amount of cards one user is assigned to, there's a workaround you can incorporate on your board using an automation tool called Butler

To add custom automation using Butlerbot, follow these steps:

1) Add Butlerbot to your board here: https://www.butlerfortrello.com/dashboard.html
-- A new list will be created titled "Butler"
2) You'll add a command as a new card to the Butler list.

Cards assigned to @username in purple (use in <color> if you want the card to be a different color, otherwise just leave off "in <color>"

You'll create a new card for each user you want to see a total number of assigned cards for.  It will show up like this:

assigned.png

This way, you at least have a visual on the number of assigned cards at a glance.

Questions? Let me know!

John Hendricks February 27, 2018

Nice, thanks

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events