Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need creative Butler solution for acquiring checklist item count and shifting item due dates

Andy McAfee March 7, 2022

Hi all,

1. I am trying to figure out what I consider a simple Butler task, but I am not finding how to accomplish the following use case.
I have a number custom field called "Progress". I want this field to be updated automatically based on the ratio of completed checklist item count / total checklist item count.

Example: Let's say I have 2 checklists in a card. Each checklist has 5 items. None of the items have been checked. When I check an item, I want my custom field "Progress" to be set to "10" ( 1 / 10). I would have expected a butler variable of {checklistitemcount}, but I'm not finding that or anything that can help me here https://help.trello.com/article/1157-variables.

2. When a checklist item's due date has passed, I would like to move it to the future so that it is no longer past due. However, I cannot figure out how to adjust this in Butler. Let's say I have 3 checklist items that are past due, how can I shift the dates only for these past due, unchecked items?

1 answer

0 votes
milynnus
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 7, 2022

@Andy McAfee 

I will need to check. (1) there is a badge in front of the card. (2) since there is no notification for item due you will have to come up with a design for it.

Update : You can see the total number of items and the number of completed item.

{'attachmentsByType': {'trello': {'board': 0, 'card': 0}}, 'location': False, 'votes': 0, 'viewingMemberVoted': False, 'subscribed': False, 'fogbugz': '', 'checkItems': 8, 'checkItemsChecked': 2, 'checkItemsEarliestDue': None, 'comments': 3, 'attachments': 0, 'description': True, 'due': '2022-01-18T01:18:00.000Z', 'dueComplete': False, 'start': '2022-01-13T15:59:59.000Z'}

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events