Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My team can't use the checklist.

angelrideout January 10, 2018

I just created a board and some cards have checklists. I added 2 people to the team as ADMIN but they cannot check off things on the checklist.

Please help

2 answers

0 votes
Phillip Baxter September 22, 2018

Found a workaround. I copied the afflicted cards to new cards. Those seem to be working fine. I can add new items to the checklist and she can check them.

Weird problem, but got a fix for now

0 votes
Matthew N
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 10, 2018

It sounds like they've been added as an Admin at the team level, instead of being added as a member to the board themselves.

Being a member (or admin) of a team does not automatically grant access to a board, so a user will also need to be added to the board as a member.

Open a board and click on the "Show Menu" button in the top right-hand corner. The Add Member section is at the top. Once you are a member of the board, then you'll be able to work it in completely.
Here's some helpful guidance on how to add members to a board: http://help.trello.com/article/717-adding-people-to-a-board

And also a helpful guide on changing permissions: http://help.trello.com/article/791-changing-permissions-on-a-board

I'm experience this same problem. I've added my wife to a board for planning our vacation. She is definitely an admin on the board. I've created a packing list, and she's added items to it.

When she opens the app and goes to the card with the checklist, she initially only sees the items she's added. After fiddling a bit, the items I added pop up too.

She can check any item she added to the list, but checking any item I've added results in an error popping up: "Unable to update check item."

I've tried removing and re-adding her to the board to no avail.

Any help would be much appreciated. Otherwise, the checklist feature is darn near useless! :/

Update: on another card, I've added items to a checklist over time. Some show up immediately when she opens the card. Others do not. The ones that do, she can check. The ones that don't, she can't. It appears to be a syncing issue.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events