Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My personal account got taken over by my organization

Leo_R May 4, 2020

Hi guys!

I am coming here first before I go to support. I am not a paid member so I am hoping the community will be quicker support than waiting for support.

I had a personal account with trello where I would use my gmail address to sign in. In that process, there were boards created either by me (using my gmail address) or by my organization (using @myorg.com email address by other users) and I was invited to them.

From what I remember, once SSO was switched on I used my gmail address to login and it redirected me to my Org's SSO. Then I saw all my personal boards and their new owner was my work email address.

How does this happen?

And, I had accumulated a few months of Trello Gold that I was saving up based on invites and so I had to create a new account and now I don't have any of those.

Furthermore, I am now receiving notificaitons at my work email address upon inviting my co-worker to trello. Screenshot included to show it coming to my work email address in Outlook for mac.

2020-05-04_09-25-14.png

1 answer

2 votes
Michael Pryor
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 4, 2020

Hi Leo,

Your account also had your work's email address connected to it.  Awhile ago, we allowed people to put multiple emails on the same account (we no longer allow this and we are in the process of reducing all accounts to a single email address so things are clearer for users).

As part of that process to get accounts to a single email address, you may have selected your work's email or there may be another account that was spun off for your gmail address. It's hard to know without looking into your specifics (which support can help with).

I would suggest contacting us directly with your info so support can help you understand how your accounts are now set up.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events