Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My members do not consistently receive email notifications on every update on Jira

TaxAssuranceDirect July 4, 2021

I receive email notifications for every updates made in Jira but my members don't receive notifications consistently. Below is the notification scheme i am using. We are using a free Jira account.

notif scheme.JPG

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Tansu Akdeniz
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 5, 2021

Hi @TaxAssuranceDirect 

According to the notification scheme, any user who has an application access to Jira software will receive e-mail from any event in associated projects. Please check the memberships of these users.

Are the unsent e-mails related with current user changes? When you go to Profile -> Personal Settings, there is configuration below. By default, you don't get email for your own changes.

mail.png

TaxAssuranceDirect July 5, 2021

Hi Tansu,

Thanks for the swift response. I was able to check "You make changes to the issue on my profile" and created an issue to test if I will receive an email notification but no. Is this due to below notification displayed on my Jira account:

Email notifications are off until 06/Jul/21

You've sent the maximum number of notifications in 1 day for your plan. This limitation will be removed when you move to Standard/Premium (paid) plan after your evaluation period.

If yes, how many email notifications is the limit for free accounts?

Regards,

Sheila Balisnomo

Tansu Akdeniz
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 5, 2021

Since you have a free plan, there are some limitations. Please check this link for further info. According to article:

Jira can send a maximum of 100 emails per day on the Free plan, then email notifications will be paused until the following day. 

You may use default notification settings to reduce the number of e-mails which notifies assignee, reporter and watchers. Your current setting sends e-mail to all users even user is not involved an issue.

Also check this link for comparison of Cloud plans.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events