My company took over my Trello account. How do I get it back?

Nico April 16, 2020

I have been using Trello since 2013 both for work and personal projects.

Today I got an invite to a board from my company and I connected my personal account to my company's email to get access to the board.

Now Atlassian and my company have taken over my account and I can't go back.

I had my old company's email as primary and my personal email as secondary and never had any problem. I didn't think this would happen if I replaced my old company's email with my current's.

How can I go back? Will Trello Support give back my account? Should I ask my company? Can they give it back? 

I would like to add that in all the clicks I made through the process which was during a video call I never had a warning that my company would take over my account nor that the process is irreversible.

I have information from two previous companies plus my personal projects that may now be visible to my company. Does my company have access to all the boards I have access to? Some of those are still alive in other companies. Will I lose access to my Trello boards if I stop working for my current company?

3 answers

2 votes
Michael Pryor
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 20, 2020

It sounds like you just want to change your current account's email to be your personal email. Since you have already migrated to Atlassian account, the quickest way to do this is to go to id.atlassian.com and update the email.

You can also get there from within Trello by clicking the profile in the top right and there is a link to change your email from there.

After you've changed your current account's email to your personal address, I highly suggest you create a new work account with your work email to use for your work info.

Another way to achieve the same result is to go now and create a new account with your personal email and then add that account to your personal boards (and drop the work account from your current boards).

Nico April 21, 2020

I can't update my email in id.atlassian.com because my Atlassian account to which my Trello account was merged is managed by my company. The email in that Atlassian account is a gmail also managed by my company.

I just wanted to enable my Trello account to access a board to which I was invited and it resulted in my personal gmail being locked out of my 7-year-old Trello account.

Nico April 21, 2020

Atlassian needs to understand that JIRA and other tools are exclusively used within a company or other private organization but Trello is NOT. You can't integrate them without warnings and treat them like they are all the same thing.

Like # people like this
Nico April 20, 2020

I have read more questions with login issues and Atlassian integration but that one is very unfortunate. At least now I know that my company could give it back. Thanks

2 votes
owenyangs April 17, 2020

same

Nico April 17, 2020

Trello and Atlassian is hands down the worst integration ever. How on earth would they believe that giving total irreversible control over a 7 years old account to anyone other than myself is a good idea?

Nico April 17, 2020

I really hope Support gives an answer but I didn't even get a confirmation email for my ticket

Michael Pryor
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 21, 2020

(I also sent you an email shortly after you posted this).

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events