Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Google Drive power-up only shows "Create Slides Presentation"

Matheus Inacio June 3, 2020

Hi.

I'd like to attach files and folders using the Drive power-up, but the only option I get after authentication is "Create Slides Presentation".

How do I enable file/folder attaching?

Screenshot_44.png

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Esme Crutchley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 5, 2020

Hi @Matheus Inacio 

Welcome to the Community!

I can confirm that your problem has nothing to do with 3rd party anything, clearing your cache won't make a difference, and neither will an incognito window.

At the moment, you're trying to add a Google Doc to the board, and that, as you're experiencing, doesn't work as that's not where Google Drive is supposed to work.

If you open a card, there's a Google Drive button under the PowerUps section on the right-hand side. If you click that, you'll be able to add a document from Google Drive to that specific card:

Screenshot 2020-06-05 at 16.20.11.png

When you click on it, you'll get these options:

Screenshot 2020-06-05 at 16.21.16.png

There isn't a way to be able to add a Google document to the board level, you have to do it at the card level. It's a bit misleading, having the Google Drive button at the top of the board, but the button at the top is to create a Google Slide show for the board, whereas the button on the back of the card is to attach an existing file or create a new one within Google Drive. 

Let me know if this helps!

Esme :)

Matheus Inacio June 5, 2020

Ohhhh

That's it!

I feel a bit dumb for not noticing the button on the cards haha

Thanks a lot for your help, Esme!

Esme Crutchley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 5, 2020

No worries Matheus!

I can't count the number of times I've done it myself, completely forgetting it's the wrong place to do what I want! At least a few times a week!

Like Matheus Inacio likes this
4 votes
Soumyadeep Mandal
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 4, 2020

Hi @Matheus Inacio ,

Welcome to the community!

Are you using any third-party extensions link Adblock, tracker block, popup blocker, etc,

If you are using these disable those first and then log out of your account clear browsing data of the browser then re-open your browser and log in to your account. I hope by doing the above steps your problem will be resolved!

Matheus Inacio June 4, 2020

So, I wasn't using any extension, except for "List layouts for Trello". Anyways, disabled it, cleared my browser cache, browsing history, and etc. Reopened, and the problem persists.

Soumyadeep Mandal
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 4, 2020

Hi @Matheus Inacio ,

Try to login to Trello in incognito/private browser window!

Like # people like this
Matheus Inacio June 5, 2020

Didn't work either ):

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events