Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mutually Exclusive Boards?

Lyceum Operator October 19, 2021

Hi im building a project management flow with Trello. Currently, I am planning to have each team member to have their own respective board. Each teammate will eventually complete a card and then send to a QA. The QA has their own board as well. However, for a team member to send a card to the QA board, he/she must be a member of that board (QA board). I don’t want the team member to have visibility of the QA board. Is there a workaround to this? Or is there a way to limit member of a board to see only specific lists or cards?

1 answer

0 votes
Hannah Humbert - Simpla Workflows
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 19, 2021

Try create a butler card button called "Ready for QA" and have the action move the card to the QA board. As long as the person creating this automation has access to all boards, I would assume it should work! This also means fewer clicks for the team member, so win-win 😉

Hannah Humbert - Simpla Workflows
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 19, 2021

Ok, my assumption was wrong - the card button throws an error if the person triggering it doesn't have access to both boards. What did work though was to create a Butler rule instead, so you would just need to create something along the lines of:

"When the "Ready for QA" label is added to a card, move the card to the QA board".

The trigger could also be based on moving the card to a specific list if you wanted to automate that process further - adding the label just adds a bit more control for the member to decide when they want the card to shoot over to the other board.

So now, whenever someone adds that specific label, the card will move to the QA board, regardless of whether they have access to it or not

Lyceum Operator October 19, 2021

Wow awesome. Thanks for the solution!!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events