Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple Trello Accounts

Martin Rini November 6, 2018

I have 3 different email accounts( 2 personal, 1 business), 2 different PC's each with Outlook and then 2 different Trello accounts, one personal, one business.  

The problem I'm having is getting each email account properly associated with its corresponding Trello account. i.e., personal email with personal Trello etc.  At the moment, this is scrambled and my business email is posting cards to my personal Trello

How does one manage the Outlook/Email to Trello relationships so that the personal and business email and Trello accounts correspond?    Trying to mange this from Outlook/Files/Add-ins seems to take me no where....

Thanks in advance

Marty

1 answer

0 votes
Torben_trello
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 8, 2018

In general, we encourage to use a single Trello account. You can register different email addresses in a single account that you can be used for all purposes (You can keep the boards separate of course)

In regards to the Outlook add-in, I would recommend reaching out to their team - We do not develop or administer that integration, so they are in a better position to help with using that (or making sure the correct account is used) You can reach them here: trelloaddin(at) service.microsoft.com

Martin Rini November 8, 2018

Thanks, that helps.

Part of the reason for the 2nd account was to ensure that personal things were not visible to those with admin rights.  But perhaps I'm not understanding the privleges associated with admin rights.

If I'm the only one on a my personal board that exists in a corporate environment, how private is my personal board?   

My concern is that others with admin rights for the overall trello account can view the content of my personal board,  even though I did not invite them to my personal board...?    I guess there are two levels of admins, the Trello account and then for each board...it is the higher account level that I'm concerned about.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events