It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Multiple Teams w/in Business Class?

Hi! 

So, we've recently entered into a business class w/ Trello. But, as we on-board more teams, I'm running in to trouble keeping different teams work clearly delineated. 

For a simple deconstruction of the issue, break this down to the basics:

• Running full social media development and management for separate clients. To do this, we create a new board for every week of content (not counting dedicated/always-on boards for status, asset, media etc.). So after about 2-3 months we're already looking at 20+ boards per client. 
  • Most of these teams are completely separate. Some functions (like strategy) touch multiple clients. 
  • Keeping each clients' boards separate is the issue.  Collections are far from ideal, this is just a tagging option and only applies on the team boards page. You can't sort by collection (or list by collection) in the hamburger / left rail menu, which is what most/all of our users tend to do. 

The best option I have found is to start a new team specific to each client (vs. creating collections) for the new client. This keeps separate all boards/members/activity specific to each client. HOWEVER - this requires creating new teams (free teams) outside of our business class subscription, which requires ALL new boards be tied to the same team.

• Is there any way to create additional teams w/in a single business profile?
  • Is there a way to sort boards in the menus by collections?

I feel like Trello is LESS organized once you start paying for additional features. What gives? I'm starting to think going back to free might be the way to go. 

PLEASE HELP! 

Best,

Justin

1 answer

Just setting up Trello and I agree. I'm having a real struggle organizing multiple boards. Even worse when you have to set permissions. 

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published in Trello

There's a lot to love about the next evolution of Trello Community

Hi, team, Whether you've been hanging out here in the Trello collection for awhile, or whether you're just now joining us from the Trello Slack Community, we’ve got some exciting news about th...

2,257 views 22 45
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you