Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple Due Date Reminders and fully customisable reminder lengths.

Alan Lawson June 28, 2020

I was so excited to see the Custom Due Date Notifications feature on Trello. But was just as quickly disappointed that it didn’t appear to have 2 simple, but crucial features:
1) Multiple reminder for the one Card/Task. For example a first reminder 1 week out. A second reminder 2 days out and a final reminder 1 hour out. This is standard in all calendaring apps…
2) As you can see from my first feature description, only offering 2 days as the earliest reminder is totally inadequate, for both individuals own, personal reminders, but also and even more importantly for team reminders for tasks that are complex and are rolling out over a longer period of time. It is normal for calendaring apps to offer a final option, which is title “Custom” and you can take any of the preset reminder periods and add a number of how many of those should set the reminder time. eg. 5 days would be easy to achieve with this structure.
Have I missed something? Love to hear back about whether these options might become available or are available as “power-ups”.
Kind regards,
Alan

1 answer

0 votes
Ryan
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 6, 2020

Hi Alan!

Both of those functions aren't available with the standard version of Trello, but if you use our Calendar Power-up, you can bring your due dates in to your normal calendar client such as Google client. There you would be able to use your normal reminders that are set up in your calendar client to give you reminders. Here is some information about this: https://help.trello.com/article/811-viewing-cards-in-a-calendar-view

There are some other calendar Power-ups which you could also look in to for extra functionality:

Have a great start to your week!

Ryan

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events