Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

Multiple Boards; Multiple Remote Workers; Restricted Visibility

Edited

This may have been asked and answered, however, I didn't connect any one particular answer to my question.

Currently, admins and project managers control the boards. We have in-house workers who have mostly full board visibility and remote workers who have restricted visibility (they only know their activity on a board but don't know the full scope of the project)

The admins and project managers need visibility of remote worker activity on a single project board, however, for security reasons, remote workers can only have visibility to the cards assigned to them on a board.

This has been one obstacle to using Trello in a fully collaborative way. Is there a non-convoluted solution to this?

2 answers

0 votes
Hannah Morgan Community Leader Sep 06, 2021

There's no native solution in Trello to created restricted views for certain members. However, there are workarounds like Milynnus mentioned. Another idea is to create a separate board for the remote workers and sync the relevant cards from the main board to the secondary board using Unito. Unito offers a complete 2-way sync, so any changes made on the secondary board will be synced back to the main board. 

If you're not keen to use a 3rd party, you might want to look into alternatives to Trello. For example, Asana allows you to share specific tasks with users without sharing the whole project. 

@Lee Clements 

If it is static information the "External Share" power up might work for you.

I would recommend is to share a card via email. Contalist Power Up does this well enough. I am working with them to enable a trigger via a comment to trigger a specific action aka email based on a template. This will allow you to use standard Trello automation to update the remote worker.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Posted in Trello

Taco Tuesday: New years' resolutions with Trello

Congratulations to @Laura Holton , our latest winner of Taco Tuesday! And thanks to @Kristján Geir Mathiesen for sharing the picture of Taco having fun with his new friend  B...

2,410 views 28 42
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you