Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving cards according to week count

Mario Ramadan June 21, 2022

Hello, 

I am trying to create a report that updates me on what has been "Done" the past week. I've scratched my head around this and still haven't found a solution. The closest I could get to was creating a custom field "Weeknum," which Butler automatically inserts {weeknumber} into whenever a card is moved to "Done." My thought process is that if I can count the weeks, then:

- By the end of every week, Butler would send a report on what is on the list "Done."

- At the beginning of every week, Butler would check which cards were completed last week

- Butler would move cards completed last week to a list called "Archive."

I tried using the command move each card in list "Done" with custom field "Weeknum" set to a number lower than {weeknumber} to list "Archive" but that is not saving. What is the best way to do this?
Any help is appreciated.

1 answer

0 votes
Jared
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 21, 2022

Instead of a custom number field, you could use a custom date field, and have Butler set it to the current date when a card is moved to "Done." Then you could have a rule like `every monday, move each card in list "Done" with custom field "datefield" set to a date less than 7 days ago to list "Archive"`. I think that should do what you want.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events