Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving a card to the top of a list - with conditions

Chip Morris June 15, 2020

I created a Butler rule that says when a card with the red label is created in list "Email | Video Call | Phone Calls", move the card to the top of list "Email | Video Call | Phone Calls" but nothing is happening. 

Just to be clear, what I want is if I have a card that already exists in that particular list OR if I create a new card and if I add the red label to it, I want that card to move to the top of the list. I want it to stand out.

Thanks.

Chip

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Esme Crutchley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 15, 2020

Hi @Chip Morris 

Can you send us a picture of the rule? I have a feeling that the reason it's not triggering is because it's set to 'created' rather than 'when a red label is added to a card in XYZ list'

Maybe you could try that and see if that works?

This is how it would look:

So you need to be on the 'Card Changes' option, pick the label you want (mine is 'green WFH'), then click on the filter button and pick the list you want it to take action in

Screenshot 2020-06-16 at 07.33.53.png

Then you want to be in the 'Move' category, and select the list you want it to be moved to the top of:Screenshot 2020-06-16 at 07.34.10.png

Then your final rule will look like this:Screenshot 2020-06-16 at 07.34.18.png

Doing it this way, means that if you move a card into the list with a red label already there, it will move it to the top of the list, AND if you attach a red label to any card already in the list, it'll move it to the top.

Let us know if this helps!

Esme :)

Chip Morris June 16, 2020

Hi @Esme Crutchley I had it "created" instead of "changes." It's working now. 

Thanks.

Like Esme Crutchley likes this
0 votes
Soumyadeep Mandal
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 15, 2020

Hi @Chip Morris ,

Yes, if you have a card that already exists in that particular list OR if you create a new card and if you add the red label to it,.

Anything related to the butler rule will perform the automation.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events