Moving a card to another board, but move button is never becomes active

Alan Gersten September 14, 2020

I am new to Trello and I am working with a small student simulated business. Each department has boards where the work and complete tasks. When they are done they move the cards to a done list. From that point, I would like to move the done card to a new board for all completed tasks cards where the completed tasks can be record and archived. 

When I try to MOVE the card I can select the board location in the list of options but the button to MOVE never turns green so that I can move the card. I am guessing it is a permission issue and I am not sure how to change that.

Any help would be appreciated.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 15, 2020

@Alan Gersten you can only move cards to boards that you're a member of (even if they're viewable by you in your team). You might also be interested in Butler automations which would let you create a rule to automatically move cards to a board when moved to Done, something like:

when a card is moved to list "Done" move the card to the top of list "Done {date}" on board "Done Archive for Review"

Alan Gersten September 15, 2020

Thank you for your response. I was a member of the board and through working with another member of the group in zoom we found the issue. The new board had no existing list, so there was no list to move the card to. I added a list and like magic, the card could be moved.

Like Iain Dooley likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events