It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Moving Cards Based On Pre-Existing Custom Field

I'm trying to do something unique, we have this system where cards move through a board and once they are completed they are moved off the board to a separate "story" board.

The idea is that this "story board" has columns for different types cards (categorized by the custom field).  The idea is we use the custom field to assign issue types or problems ie, "Office 365" or "Laptops" then have the cards moved into the columns for those types of problems and see at a glance what issues were having and easily see where hot spots were for the month and eventually the year.

The hope was to have cards move from the regular board directly to columns in story board based on the custom field we populated when we worked the card. I have a butler card button set up that moves cards from the regular board to a "Unsorted" column on the "story board".  I then created a script on the story board that is the closest to what I want:

when custom field "SDS Category (Add As Needed)" is set to "Office 365" in a card in list "Unsorted" by anyone, move the card to the bottom of list "Office 365"

The issue I'm running into is it only works when the custom field is changed when the card is already in the "Jan - SDS 2020" board. (I mean duh right, it literally says that in the script) If the card is moved to the board with the custom field already populated - the butler script does nothing.

Is this possible? am I just trying to get it do something its just meant to do?

1 answer

hi,

you can create a rule using "joker {*}" and "{wildcard1}" variables : 

when a card with custom field "category" set to "{*}" is added to the list "Done", move the card to the top of list "{wildcard1}" on board "story board"

See this for details 

https://help.trello.com/article/1156-pattern-matching-and-wildcards

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Trello

Develop a new Habit during Lockdown

If you had to thrive a new habit during a lockdown, what would it be? Trello

1,520 views 13 5
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you