Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Move tabs according to labels in different lists

Luca Dragonslave October 27, 2021

Hello
is it possible to move the cards automatically depending on the label?
Is there a rule to apply this?
Depending on the label, the cards are moved to different lists

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Hannah Humbert - Simpla Workflows
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 27, 2021

Hi Luca, yes definitely! A simple automation rule along the lines of "when the X label is applied to a card, move it to the X list" should do it. 

Hi Hannahmorg, but it is not possible to create a single rule? I tried but it takes two separate rules

Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 27, 2021

It is possible to create a single rule using variables so that it affects multiple labels/lists. How do you see the automation working? 

This is what I would like to do. I don't understand how to do it
when an "X" label is in the "W" list move it to the "X" list if the label is "Z" move it to the "Z" list

Community Leader
Community Leader
October 27, 2021

Do the label names match the list name? So for example, when the "Content" label is added to a card, move the card to the "Content" list?

If so, the rule would be:

"When any label is applied to a card, move the card to list {labelname}."

This would then trigger when any label is applied to a card. If the list doesn't exist, butler will create it and move the card into that list.

I don't know if you'd want this happen when all labels are applied, or just a subset. It's hard to advice on exactly how you should write the command without knowing your workflow, but you'd probably want to filter it further so it only applies in certain situations. 

Luca Dragonslave October 28, 2021

This is one example. I would like to;
By moving the card to "Done" the card should move to another board in the same list with the name of the label.
Is there a guide? I have tried to understand how it works but I have not understood.

Moving the card labeled "Pera" in the "done" list I would like it to end up in the "Pera" list of another board

example.jpg

Community Leader
Community Leader
October 28, 2021
Like Luca Dragonslave likes this
Luca Dragonslave October 28, 2021

Thanks a lot. You saved my sanity

Community Leader
Community Leader
October 28, 2021

Haha yay glad I could help! 

Community Leader
Community Leader
October 28, 2021

Love it!!! 🤣🤣🤣

Like Luca Dragonslave likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events