It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Move custom fields to right side of details

So it looks like over the weekend Trello decided to move the custom fields to the bottom of the card. We've been using them for various due dates since there's only one due date field that comes with it. Does anyone know if there is a way to get them moved back to the top? This is so frustrating!

1 answer

1 vote
mikelj Atlassian Team Sep 11, 2018

Hi Chris,

I'm afraid it's not possible right now to move or reorder those sections! For some context, the Custom Fields were given their own dedicated section to better organize them, and give them a proper "home," like any other card element, and doing this allowed us to make some visual enhancements as well.

It's definitely an adjustment, though, I understand that! I'll let the team know you'd like to see a way to move them around!

I come back from holiday to find programmers have fixed something that wasn't broken. That change has screwed up the whole way I use Trello. As a production tool I was using the custom fields for various dates on projects and they were at the top as most important and quickest to access.

Thanks!

Like Cherlyn Garay likes this

I was also wondering the exact same thing.

It makes sense to have these custom fields at the top of the card or better yet the ability to choose TOP or BOTTOM (depending on the field). 

Watching this card if there's been an update or workaround for this yet.  

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published in Trello

There's a lot to love about the next evolution of Trello Community

Hi, team, Whether you've been hanging out here in the Trello collection for awhile, or whether you're just now joining us from the Trello Slack Community, we’ve got some exciting news about th...

2,247 views 22 44
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you