Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Move card to new board based on due date

Katherine_Fox July 25, 2017

I'm looking for a way to move a card to a new board based on the due date. For example, if a card is due tomorrow, I want it to move from a "General Tracking" board to an "upcoming projects" board. And if a card is past due, it should move to a "urgent" board, et cetera. Is there a way to set a rule for this process?

2 answers

0 votes
Shay Marie November 18, 2021

Ok but can you tell me HOW to do this?

Like I have an expiration date, and 14 days before that date I want the card to move to my Expiring list.  How do I do this?  Specific steps.  I've spent 3 hours with no success yet.

0 votes
Matthew N
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 25, 2017

Hey Katherine,

There's not a good way to accomplish this.  Within Trello, there's not any automation available, but you can automate some tasks using Butlerbot... however you won't be able to have it move items between boards.  You can have it move to a different list within the same board, and that may help reduce some of the work for you, but you'd still need to manually move from that list to another board.  

Oscar Triscon
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 25, 2017

Actually, Butler Bot can move cards between boards :-)

one day before a card is due, move the card to list "My List" on board "Upcoming Projects"

Katherine_Fox July 26, 2017

Awesome, thanks for the answers! 

Island Curtains October 30, 2018

can the PowerUp also do this?

Oscar Triscon
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 30, 2018

Yes! Look in the due-date scheduled commands tab.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events