Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Move a card emailed to a list to another list based on its content

William Cassemiro April 19, 2021

Hi, People.

I'm facing a problem; I need to move a card emailed to a list if it shows the word "english" in its title. The problem is that the word will be showed in the title as "firstname_surname_english". Any clues?

Thanks in advance.

2 answers

2 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
milynnus
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 20, 2021

@William Cassemiro 

Try a trigger on the card content with card name ending with "-english" or card name containing "{*}-english" if you need the firstname_surname as {wildcard1}

William Cassemiro April 20, 2021

Thank for your help milynnus. It worked fine with this: when the name of a card contains "english", move the card to the top of list "English", The problem was that I was expecting it to do the trick with older cards, but I saw that it should work only when the card is added.

Best.

1 vote
Answer accepted
Bugra Cil April 19, 2021

Hello @William Cassemiro ,

You can use Butler for that.

• The Trigger would be "Card Content" -> when "the name" of a card "contains" "English" 
  • The Action would be "Move" -> "move" the card to "the top of the list" "My List"

This way, you can automatically distribute email cards with a title indicating the language to relevant lists.

Also, you can check out our power-up, Hipporello. You can have a service desk, and connect your emails to your board. Would love to hear some feedback :)

Have a nice day!

William Cassemiro April 20, 2021

Thank you for your help. It worked fine with this: when the name of a card contains "english", move the card to the top of list "English", The problem was that I was expecting it to do the trick with older cards, but I saw that it should work only when the card is added.

Best.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events