Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

More than one Template on a Board?

Saskia Marietta Kirkbeck September 27, 2020

I want to have different templates in different lists on one board. But when I change one template it changes all the templates. 

Can someone tell me if it's possible to do this?

Thanks

2 answers

0 votes
c64
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
January 8, 2024

I'm also having this issue. Was a fix ever found?

0 votes
Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 27, 2020

@Saskia Marietta Kirkbeck do you mean that when you edit the template, it will make a corresponding change on all cards created with that template?

Saskia Marietta Kirkbeck September 28, 2020

@Iain Dooley  Yes, thats what's happening. 

I cant seem to make more than one template per board? Is it possible to have multiple templates running on a board and how do you do it? 

Every time I make a new template it changes to match all the existing templates!!

Cory Chilcote September 29, 2020

I'm having the same problem.  I need to create different cards, with different information.  Like you, when I make a change to one, it changes ALL.  Any help would be appreciated!

Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 29, 2020

@Saskia Marietta Kirkbeck @Cory Chilcote I can't replicate this ... I did the following:

1) Created a new template, added a checklist to it

2) Created a card from that template

3) Created a second template, added a different checklist to it

3) Created a card from that second template

4) Edited the first template I created, the changes to that first template were reflected in neither the second template, nor the card created from it

5) Repeated step 4) for the second template and second created card, same result

What platform/OS/device are you doing this on? I was testing in Chrome on macOS.

Saskia Marietta Kirkbeck September 29, 2020

@Iain Dooley  Im using Chrome on macOS 

Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 29, 2020

@Saskia Marietta Kirkbeck I would recommend create a board and doing a screencast with loom.com demonstrating how changing one of your card templates is resulting in changes propagating to other card templates, I can't reproduce the problem.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events