Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Migrating to Power-Up - How to replace description text when a card is added.

Ian Bayne October 5, 2019

I get a lot of emails sent to my board but they contain spurious text which I would like to replace with a single ".".

For example : 

When a card with a description containing "119902071268” is added into list "Inbox", replace the matched text with "The Colony”

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 5, 2019

@Ian Bayne hmm doesn't look like "replace the matched text" has made it into the power up. Here's a Trellinator function that does the same thing:

https://gist.github.com/iaindooley/4e3c026bfa31a131fc2ced6ec9652743

You can read more about Trellinator here:

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Marketplace-Apps-Integrations/Introducing-Trellinator-Automate-Trello-with-Google-Apps-Script/ba-p/925271

Ian Bayne October 6, 2019

Hi Iain,

Have always loved your work!

Specifically before the acquisition of Butler, and now this.

Not sure I can do what you describe, but am going to give it a try!

Like Iain Dooley likes this
Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 6, 2019

@Ian Bayne thanks! Yeah I'd created a tonne of business systems using the bot for customers that I had to rather abruptly port over into *something* that I could produce for the same price point. Even though Trellinator isn't as "non-coder" friendly as Butler, if you're a coder you can produce implementations as (and in some cases more) complicated as the original bot in a similar amount of time.

Because I had ~1600 commands in Butler that I had to replace, Trellinator has a pretty comprehensive analog of all the various constructs present in Butler originally, including things like date arithmetic and command scheduling.

All in all it took me about 2 months to write Trellinator and port all my client's commands over to it, but I didn't sleep much and I had help from a talented dev I found on Upwork to get some of the Google Apps Script bits working because I was a total noob ;)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events