Microsoft Planner to Trello

Robyn Neill April 21, 2017

Hi,

I have been using Microsft Planner for managing projects.  I have recently hit a card limit, and want to come back to Trello.  There are so many limitations in Planner that we would never experience in Trello.

To do this, I need to get my cards fro Planner into Trello.

Is there an export tool, add-on or some tech sorcery to make this happen?

I am in a bind, and I need these cards all in Trello, so I can start adding new cards. I have a task list now living in excel of things that need to be added. 

Any help would be great, 

Thank you!

R

3 answers

1 vote
Raj Mandalia December 10, 2021

Anything further on this from Atlassian - seems to be low hanging fruit to steal market share from Planner.

1 vote
Caity
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 24, 2017

Hi Robyn,

Currently, there isn't a tool available specifically for transfering data from Microsoft Planner to Trello.

If you're comfortable with code or have access to a developer, you can use the Trello API to import the tasks that are currently in your spreadsheet into Trello. Our API is fully documented at https://developers.trello.com/.

Another option would be to copy all of the task names from your spreadsheet and then paste them as the title for a single new card. That will give you the option to create multiple cards at once, one for each line:

file-JdpUSyrVDx

One thing to keep in mind is that this will only import information from a single column, so you'd want to go back and add the details to each card later.

0 votes
Robyn Neill April 24, 2017

Thank you, I will see what I can do over here to convert my planner cards.

R

Jonas Hedlund September 13, 2022

Hi Robyn!

Did you find any good way to convert your planner cards?

/Jonas

Rafa Ayadi June 13, 2023

Hello,

There is a SAAS migration tool from Altosio that allows you to migrate from Planner to Trello.

https://altosio.com/documentation/planner-migration/planner-to-trello-migration/

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events