Microsoft Office - Add A Trello Card - Changing Accounts

Bob Golobish August 30, 2018

Hey Trello Experts!

I have had a personal Trello account for several years. I use it for home and work. I have used the MS Office - Add a Trello Card app for several months.  It works fine. 

Recenlty, I created a new Trello account for work. And I moved some of the boards from my home account to my work account. Everything is running smoothly. However,I want the MS Office - Add a Trello Card app to send emails and create cards on my work account.  I haven't been able to figure out how to do that. When I use the app it wants to send Trello cards to my home account.

I have tried removing the app and re-installing it. I have logged off Trello from all my devices. I have restarted my computer, etc. 

Help would be appreciated. What am I overlooking? Hopefully, it is not something obvious. 

Peace.

Bob

2 answers

0 votes
Bob Golobish October 17, 2018

I contacted Microsoft and this is the answer that I got. It works.

If you would like to change the Trello account that is being used for the Outlook add-in, you need to take the following steps:
1. 1. Loginto Trello.com with the Trello account that is currently linked to the Outlook add-in.
2. 2. Navigate to Settings.
3. 3. Under settings, there will be a section titled "Applications", under which "Trello for Outlook" will be listed.
4. 4. Here, click "Revoke" 
5. 5. Now you can go back to the add-in in Outlook and log into the Trello account that you would like.

0 votes
Mary Ramirez
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 30, 2018

Hi @Bob Golobish,

It sounds like the add-in has been configured to your personal email. I'd try deleting the add-in from your outlook. Then use an incognito window like from Google Chrome, log in to your email (manually, avoid auto-fill), go to Outlook Settings > add-ins, and tap the ‘+’ sign next to the Trello add-in. Set-up the configuration and try adding a card again. If it's still happening, contact support trelloaddin@service.microsoft.com.

Bob Golobish September 5, 2018

Hi Mary,

That was a good idea. Unfortunately, it did not work. I will try reaching out to trelloaddin@service.microsoft.com.

Thanks.

Peace.

Bob

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events