It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Microsoft Office - Add A Trello Card - Changing Accounts Edited

Hey Trello Experts!

I have had a personal Trello account for several years. I use it for home and work. I have used the MS Office - Add a Trello Card app for several months.  It works fine. 

Recenlty, I created a new Trello account for work. And I moved some of the boards from my home account to my work account. Everything is running smoothly. However,I want the MS Office - Add a Trello Card app to send emails and create cards on my work account.  I haven't been able to figure out how to do that. When I use the app it wants to send Trello cards to my home account.

I have tried removing the app and re-installing it. I have logged off Trello from all my devices. I have restarted my computer, etc. 

Help would be appreciated. What am I overlooking? Hopefully, it is not something obvious. 

Peace.

Bob

2 answers

0 votes
Mary Ramirez Community Leader Aug 30, 2018

Hi @Bob Golobish,

It sounds like the add-in has been configured to your personal email. I'd try deleting the add-in from your outlook. Then use an incognito window like from Google Chrome, log in to your email (manually, avoid auto-fill), go to Outlook Settings > add-ins, and tap the ‘+’ sign next to the Trello add-in. Set-up the configuration and try adding a card again. If it's still happening, contact support trelloaddin@service.microsoft.com.

Hi Mary,

That was a good idea. Unfortunately, it did not work. I will try reaching out to trelloaddin@service.microsoft.com.

Thanks.

Peace.

Bob

I contacted Microsoft and this is the answer that I got. It works.

If you would like to change the Trello account that is being used for the Outlook add-in, you need to take the following steps:
1. 1. Loginto Trello.com with the Trello account that is currently linked to the Outlook add-in.
2. 2. Navigate to Settings.
3. 3. Under settings, there will be a section titled "Applications", under which "Trello for Outlook" will be listed.
4. 4. Here, click "Revoke" 
5. 5. Now you can go back to the add-in in Outlook and log into the Trello account that you would like.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Trello

Develop a new Habit during Lockdown

If you had to thrive a new habit during a lockdown, what would it be? Trello

1,484 views 12 4
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you