Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Merging trello cards

M Chahal October 4, 2017

Hi, I wondered if it is possible to merge trello cards. We have some duplicate cards on a busy trello board and would like to merge them to the original one.

Is this possible to do yet?

many thanks

3 answers

4 votes
Alex Darby June 4, 2019

The way I manage this:

1) make a new card

2) copy all the checklists from the cards I want to merge (Add checklist and use "copy items from..." dropdown)

3) you can then freely drag & drop the checklist items from each checklist into the top one & then delete the empty ones

4) caveats:

• loses the checked status of the checklist when copied
  • faffy / prone to error
4 votes
Peter DeWitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 4, 2017
Ian Moore January 2, 2018

Link is under "Share and more..."

George Gubarev February 27, 2019

I wonder if merging has become an option a year later..

Like # people like this
Eric Smoldt March 20, 2019

I am also wondering about the (in)ability to merge cards in Trello. I'm honestly amazed that this functionality is not already there, at least through a power-up.

Like # people like this
nbaldwin January 18, 2021

Ditto Eric.  Very irritating!

Like M Chahal likes this
Constructive Realities January 28, 2021

yes, functionality to take titles from card and convert them into checklist items in a single card would be valuable. 

Since i can't share from phone directly into a single card's checklists, this would be the most reasonable workaround.

Like # people like this
Roger July 29, 2021

It's amazing to me how companies can launch out a product that is amazing, though not perfect, then for the next 10 years it's like they never move anything forward.  What is up with that..?  It's like running a marathon, they sprint the first 20 miles in one day and the next 6 miles take 20 years...

Tom Schulz February 10, 2022

It is February 2022, and I can't find the "merge cards" feature anywhere. Is Trello still an actively supported product at all?

Like # people like this
MB July 24, 2022

Doesn't seem that way...

Like # people like this
2 votes
Anna Nielsen July 7, 2022

Would be very helpful to have the feature to merge cards. Hope the Trello team is working on that option.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events