Merge Trello Accounts OR reclaim handle

Alap Ghosh May 8, 2017

This might seem like vanity, but I need my original username/handle connected to a personal trello space migrated to my own startup's space. Is there any way I can do this? Maybe connect the two accounts OR delete the old account and reclaim the handle on the new account? I tried the second option but I cannot reclaim my old handle.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Maarten Cautreels
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 8, 2017

Hi Alap,

There's a guide on the Trello Help platform on this: Merging and splitting multiple accounts, does that help?

Best,

Maarten

Alap Ghosh May 8, 2017

Trying it right now, Maarten. Thanks so much. And I'm amazed at how quickly this got picked up. Respect!

Maarten Cautreels
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 8, 2017

Hi Alap,

Your welcome, if it does work. Would you mind marking my post as an answer? This will help others find the right answer to the same question in the future.

Thanks,

Maarten

Alap Ghosh May 8, 2017

This works perfectly. A few tips to get it to work. If you want to keep the Account A and delete the Account B, while using Account B's handle/username for Account A, then :

1] Login to Account A. On any board, add Account B's email address as team member. Switch them to admin. LOGOUT!

2] Login to Account B. On any board, add Account A's email address as a team member. Switch them to admin. 

3] Without logging out, go to the bottom of your own settings page and delete the account. You will get an email. Verify and delete the account.

4] Login to Account A. Edit yoru profile and change your handle/username to Account B's handle.

5] Bake cheese cakes.

Thanks Maarten. Marking this as an answer.

Alap Ghosh May 8, 2017

Errr ... how do I mark an answer as correct? :( Sorry. New here.

Maarten Cautreels
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 8, 2017

Hi Alap,

No problem, there should be a checkmark next to the answer which says "Accept as solution" when you hover your mouse over it. If you click it, it'll be marked as answer.

2017-05-08 15_48_34-Clipboard.png

Best,

Maarten

Alap Ghosh May 8, 2017

:) Done. Thanks for your help, Maarten. Can I give you a rating somewhere?

Maarten Cautreels
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 8, 2017

Marking my answer as the solution is all you can/should do!

Thanks

DG March 5, 2020

Hi Maarten, This was very helpful. A follow up question. My account B currently has Trello Gold for getting my team onboarded to Trello but Account A doesn't. Any way to migrate that too or its just going to merge boards and I can reclaim handle but not membership status?

Thanks for your time!! 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events