Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maximum cards in a list

David Duty November 18, 2017

I have a spreadsheet with 2,000+ customers in it. Name, address, city, st. zip, country and phone numbers.

I would like to create a board with a list with all of these customers in it.

Is there a maximum number of cards I can have in a list?

Also if I do have that many cards in a list would Trello be to slow to function properly?

Also does the amount on info on the back of a card affect the speed of Trello in everyday use; like in opening the board, sorting, etc?

David

1 answer

0 votes
Torben_trello
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 20, 2017

We would not recommend having more than 1000 active cards on a single board. 

An amount of cards more than that may cause freezing and delays. We are currently working to improve Trello's performance for large boards, but for now, the best solution I would offer is to break up the lists into individual boards. That will allow the individual boards to perform much much better.
Also, at a certain point, the visual nature of Trello also isn't adding anything because there are simply too many cards.
David Duty November 20, 2017

Thanks for the answer. I am or was trying to use Trello as a CRM and task management app. I love Trello and use it as a trading journal for my students and it's perfect for that.

It's probably best to use something else for CRM although a Task-To Do system would do well in Trello.

David

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events