Match any label OR any member

bluearrowtelematics February 3, 2021

Is it possible to have an "OR" filter across the filter groups? Right now there's a "Match any label and any member" and "Match all labels and all members", but what I really need is a "Match any label OR any member".

Or is it possible to apply filters to certain columns (in my case I need the filters applied to all but 1 column).

3 answers

2 votes
Soumyadeep Mandal - SaM
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 3, 2021

Unfortunately none of these do what I want. I really need to filter (not search) based on those criteria. This isn't for me, I would be fine doing this as a workaround, but this is something that needs to be implemented across the entire company and we have some less technical people that really need it to be as simplified as possible. They don't want to have to do a search every time they need to see something, they just want to set a filter and have that be what they see every time they look at their trello board.

Like Soumyadeep Mandal - SaM likes this
Soumyadeep Mandal - SaM
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 3, 2021

Hi @bluearrowtelematics ,

You can use butler rules to automate things and search/filter as well

https://help.trello.com/article/1193-butler-card-lookups

you can also ask Trello support 

Like # people like this

We're utilizing Butler for a lot of things to automate our Trello boards, but I haven't seen anything in there that would allow me to do what I want for this filter. Do you have any suggestions for where to start for filtering cards on the board?

I just read through that article and it still doesn't look like it would accomplish our goals. I did reach out to Trello Support though so I'm hoping they'll have a good answer for me.

Thanks, for the suggestions though!

0 votes
Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 4, 2021

@bluearrowtelematics can you describe what it is people need to see when they look at the board and why? The way that filters can be combined is pretty limited, but there may be a different way to achieve what you're trying to do.

bluearrowtelematics February 5, 2021

Our workflow is we have a Task Submission column where tasks are automatically added through a jotform integration or Salesmen will add tasks there for Customer Support reps. Customer Support reps need to filter by tasks assigned to them or tasks with no one assigned to them, but when a salesman adds a task, Butler automatically assigns the task to that salesman, so with that filter it doesn't work. What I was going to do is to add a label for tasks in the "Task Submission" column and have that label get removed when a card got moved to a different column (To Do, In Progress, On Hold, etc).

I was able to solve this a different (less ideal) way though. I just changed the Butler task to not assign the salesman to the card until the card got moved from Task Submission. This is less ideal because now a salesman will not be updated about card activity until it's been moved, but generally nothing gets added to a card until it's been moved anyways so that shouldn't be a huge deal.

0 votes
milynnus
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 3, 2021

@bluearrowtelematics 

[sorry I think I misread your requirement] Sounds like you are already very familiar with Butler. My go to when I need to stay within Butler and yet it cannot handle it is Butler Http Request to an endpoint. 

An example that is somewhat similar to your case was to decide for a calendar command to skip running on a particular day when it set to run daily. 

bluearrowtelematics February 5, 2021

I tried to think of a good way to use the HTTP Request but I don't think it will accomplish my goals unfortunately. I might write a Chrome Extension. I think that could work.

milynnus
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 5, 2021

@bluearrowtelematics 

I was relying on your title. I should have read your post carefully. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events