Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Managing projects

Kelly February 3, 2022

I work from one Board with separate Lists for each quarter.  On each List, I create a Card for each project I need to do that quarter, and then a Checklist inside each Card to break down all the different steps that need to be done for that project. 

Trello gives me the ability to then convert each of those individual Checklist steps into their own Cards as I go along, which I like because I then group those Checklist Card/tasks into 4 other Lists, so I can organize based on what/where those steps get done (ie I have one list for things I need to do online, one list for phonecalls I need to make, one list for things to be done when I'm on the road/doing errands, and one list for things I'm waiting on someone else for).

But once each individual Checklist step is done, I'd like to be able to place it back into the original Card (Project) whose Checklist it came from.  I can't seem to find a way to do that.  

Any solutions?

1 answer

0 votes
Hannah Humbert - Simpla Workflows
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 3, 2022

Hi @Kelly ! Welcome to the community :) potentially turning the checkitems into linked cards would work better for you. This is achieved through automation and what happens is when you add an checkitem to a specific checklist, it generates a linked card. So the checkitem remains in the "parent" card, and the checkitem turns into a link so when clicking it, it takes you to the "child" card. What you're doing is manually converting the checkitem to a card, which deletes the checkitem, but in the suggested method, the checkitem remains in the parent card.

You could then take it a step further and automatically complete the checkitem when the linked card is moved to a "done" list or archived. That way, you can see within one project card all the tasks that need to be completed, and get an understanding of the project completion percentage based on the checklist progress bar.

There's a bit of information here explaining how to set it up, but also happy to explain further here or over screenshare! 

Kelly February 5, 2022

@Hannah Humbert - Simpla Workflows thank you so much....I've tried to set this up following the instructions/videos in the link you included above, but am only managing to get half the rules into play - the full rules I've set up are reading correctly, but not happening in actuality, so I must be doing something wrong.  I'd love your help over screenshare if possible?  What's the best way to set up a time to do this?

Hannah Humbert - Simpla Workflows
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 6, 2022

Hi @Kelly sure! I can try and help :) you can book me here, or email me at hannah@simplaworkflows.com  

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events