Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Making the card title an URL

olivieretvincent testsite January 25, 2021

Dear all,

I'm looking to make cards that link to external content. currently I'm using the following markdown syntax in the card description :

[describing text](url)

but to simplify the operation I would like to make the title a clickable link or even better the cover picture.

any idea on how to do it?

many thanks in advance

3 answers

2 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Michael Pryor
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 26, 2021

Coming soon! Check back in a month.

0 votes
Answer accepted
David Bakkers
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 25, 2021

You're out of luck. The card title field is rendered as plain text only. It does not support rendering markdown or HTML into hyperlinks.

If you really must have that functionality, you're going to have to build it yourself, probably using a browser side tool like JQuery to parse the page content to look for the card titles, find the markup code and dynamically change it in the page's DOM.

This is a similar method to how Chrome extensions like Pro for Trello convert markup in card titles on the browser side.

0 votes
olivieretvincent testsite January 26, 2021

Thanks both of you!

can't wait for it then

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events