Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Making it where some people has certain permissions.

darkcommander 27 June 9, 2021

Greetings! I have been working on a board for my online Community and I came across other board of a different Community that my brother was In.

In their community only certain people (non-admins) could move and edit the cards and that was Is.

The users that had that permission was under a card called "HR".

How would this be possible? Sorry If it's simple z I'm not too well knowledged with Trello. Any answers would be lovely thanks!

Have a wonderful and safe day.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 9, 2021

@darkcommander 27 they either have an automation that detects attempted changes by non-HR people and then reverts the pages -- this is not realy security though. It's pretty easy to circumvent if you're a malicious actor but it prevents inadvertent changes to an extent.

Otherwise you can create a board, add it to a workspace and add only the HR members to the board, then add everyone else to the workspace, make the board workspace viewable and allow only comments from workspace members.

darkcommander 27 June 9, 2021

So if I did that would they still be able to move the cards and edit cards as HR?

Sorry I'm quite new so If I am asking alot of questions my bad.

Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 9, 2021

@darkcommander 27 if you make it workspace visible and add people to the workspace then you can restrict permissions to commenting only and team members will be able to see and comment but not edit or move cards.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events