Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Making Due Dates Relate: A default timeline.

Emily Mueller September 28, 2017

I'm trying to customize my trello for project management, but I'm running into an issue. I can go in and manually update due dates for every task in my board, but I'm looking for a way to streamline this. 

I'd like to have a default "timeline" that I can use, and if I go to the first card and change the due date, the rest of the due dates on the other cards will automatically update to the same spanse of days they were at previously.

For example, lets say my board has three cards; the first due date is Jan 5, the second due date is Jan 10, and the third due date is Jan 15. If I change the first due date to Jan 20, I want the following two cards to change to Jan 25 and Jan 30 respectively (maintaining the times for those tasks rather than the dates).

Does this make sense? Is there functionality for this built in? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

1 answer

0 votes
Mike
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 29, 2017

Hi Emily,

This is a great idea! Unfortunately, Trello does not support relative due dates, so it's not possible to set up due dates that change based on others like that, I'm sorry!

I’ll pass your interest in this on to our team for consideration—let me know if there's any additional info you'd like for me to send their way.

Emily Mueller September 29, 2017

Is there a name for this feature or function that I can look for in more depth? I'm fairly new to the project management game and I'm wondering if I'm having such a hard time finding this information because I'm not calling it the right thing...

Mike
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 29, 2017

That's a good question! I'm not sure if there's a better name for it, to be honest!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events