• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Make bords availble for anyone to make a copy

Hello everyone, I am wondering if it possible to set a bord to be public but that anyone who wants to kind of fork/copy the bord into their account can do that.

Is their of way of doing this? If I set my board to public its just public but no one can edit it without editing the original trello.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Iain Dooley Community Leader May 26, 2020

@Sebastian Van Den Noortgaete if you make a board public, any Trello user can copy it but no-one can edit it. You can also disable commenting on your public board.

Hi Lain, thanks for answering. I know that I can make them public, but I basically want everyone to be able to edit it aswell, on their way starting with my board. So, not editing the original one but a copy that they took. Does that make sense?

I realy love the product but it would be realy sad if I can't do it, I made this template for a big audience and I want anyone being able to edit it to the way they want.

Iain Dooley Community Leader May 27, 2020

@Sebastian Van Den Noortgaete Yes that's how it works, you make a board public and then people can make a copy and edit their copy.

Oh yes, exactly what I need. Thats great, thank you!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Trello

📹 What is Trello?

Hello Community!  My name is Brittany Joiner and I am a Trello enthusiast and Atlassian Community Leader. I'll be sharing with you a series of videos with my top tips on how to best use Trello...

774 views 13 30
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you