MIGRATION TOTALLY FAILED?! WHERE ARE ALL MY TRELLO BOARDS? there is no one to call.

Sarah Hoffman March 25, 2020

What just happened? No warning. Nothing. I did not even get an email. I am totally reliant on Trello and all my boards just got migrated somewhere I CANNOT access! Where are they?! Help. 

4 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Keli
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 25, 2020

Hi @Sarah Hoffman

Keli here with the Trello Support team. Can you reach out to us at http://www.trello.com/contact and provide the email previously associated with your Trello account, and a link to any boards you may have used on that account? We'll be happy to dig into this with you there! 

Sarah Hoffman March 25, 2020

I reached back out via customer support and provided the information you requested. What is going on?! I was using Trello all day then got this "easy migration" notice. The migration was so far from easy. I have no idea what is going on. Super unhappy user. Why didn't Trello tell us they had sold off to Atlassian? I feel lost in the digital void along with all my much needed, much relied on Trello boards. The only boards left behind are some I use less but am still glad they're there. My main boards just vanished.

0 votes
Keli
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 27, 2020

Hi all. If you used the Log in with Google function during the migration to the Atlassian account, that likely used a different email address than the on you have registered to your Trello account. Because the email was different, Trello didn't know who you were, and created a new account for you.

The good news is that your old account is still there, just as before, so you can log back into it using your username and password, and then complete the account update again.

This time, don't choose Log in with Google, and just create a regular Atlassian password, and it'll complete no problem, and you'll end up in the correct account as expected.

If this doesn't help, give us a shout at http://www.trello.com/contact, and we'll dig into this with you! 

0 votes
Matt Hale March 26, 2020

I have faced the same issue with the migration. The walkthrough indicated that by migrating I'd still be able to access my existing boards. However all boards I have created have completely disappeared after the "successful" migration and I can no longer access my old account at all. 

Any suggestions on how to revert the migration or access my boards would be greatly appreciated.

0 votes
Mike Tarantino March 26, 2020

I had the same issues. I sent a support request to the Trello support team. I hope I can get it fixed. I still have access to my boards via my phone app.

Sarah Hoffman March 27, 2020

I was finally (after much pestering of customer service or not service as I experienced until Trello folks helped) able to re-access boards that got migrated via the new email I had to enter - migration prompts said I had a "business email" so I used a back up email and new password then pestered customer service via the page you have to fill out - they got me a link to be able to switch accounts. Now some of my boards are in the old account, some in the new and they say I have to bring the boards into the new account by making them shared(?) - not sure if that's correct - or adding my other user name as an admin.

I could not find an easy way to switch between accounts and still have not found that. It would help immensely if we could stay in Trello and easily switch accounts. I'm sure there's a button or something for that but I don't know it.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events