Lost comment on card

Rachael Logan March 4, 2019

Using Trello and had a Description on a card within a board. I tried to save the updates I had made to the Description, and received an error about HTML (sorry - didn't capture exact message). 

I copy/pasted my edits into a comment, and posted it. The comment was present on the card. Shortly after, my internet connection was lost. When I regained connection, neither the edits made to the Description, or the comment I had posted, were present. 

Just lost a lot of notes in the process... any way to get them back, or am I out of luck? 

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 4, 2019

@Rachael Logan You can see a list of all description edits by following these instructions:

https://help.trello.com/article/783-recovering-the-description-of-a-card-that-has-been-changed

If the comment isn't showing on the card, then it no longer exists -- when you type things into a card it is saved in local storage (on all platforms) until saved. If you're in a web browser this means you can sometimes see what appears to have been lost by using the back button.

Unless these resolve the issue then the content is gone :(

Rachael Logan March 4, 2019

Thanks Ian. Unfortunately the comment is gone, but this is good to know for future use. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events