It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

I'm logged out of Trello and can not log back in. 

The systems does not recognize my email address. 

I have tried with caps and without. 

How can I recover my board? 

1 answer

0 votes
Iain Dooley Community Leader Jun 30, 2019

@Kate Lancaster you can login using either email address or username. One tip would be to go into your email and look for the "welcome" email from Trello you received after signing up. This will both tell you which email address you used to sign up and will also remind you of your username. You can only reset a password using email, not username.

Thanks @Iain Dooley, thanks for your suggestion. Unfortunately I get a message that there is no account linked to my email address (the one I've been using for some time.)  

Any other ideas?

Iain Dooley Community Leader Jun 30, 2019

@Kate Lancaster sounds like you're still trying to use email address. You can login with username, and follow my advice above to find out which email address was linked to your account. It sounds like you probably have more than one email address and signed up with one that you're not actively using anymore.

Thanks @Iain Dooley

I only have the one work email, which is/was linked to the account. It's no longer recognised.

I can not see the username in the Welcome email. I've tried a few that I commonly use, and none of these work

Iain Dooley Community Leader Jul 01, 2019

@Kate Lancaster okay so just to clarify the situation:

You have a "welcome to trello" email sent from taco@trello.com to an email account that you say is no longer recognised as an account despite the fact that you didn't delete it?

Can you see any Trello notification emails that you have received in the past? Those would have your username in them which you can use to login so long as you haven't forgotten your password.

However if you can't find any email notifications that tell you your username and you can't remember your username OR you can find your username but can't remember your password and the email account isn't recognised, then the only option really is to email support@trello.com and hope they can help!!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Trello

Develop a new Habit during Lockdown

If you had to thrive a new habit during a lockdown, what would it be? Trello

1,499 views 12 4
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you