Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lost Trello password and my account "forgot" its mail - Only access by Android app

Ignacio Gómez Garay July 5, 2019

My Trello account (@nachogg1) was created in May 2016 and I've been using it ever since:

Sshot1.png

A few months ago I updated the password and lost it soon after. However, my Smartphone still had access.

Ssshot3.jpg

I tried to change the password using my e-mail, which was recognised as valid, but Trello created a new account instead (@nachogg2).

Sshot2.png

I am sure it was the original e-mail the one that I wrote, because I still have the May 2016 welcome e-mail saved in my inbox. I tried recovering my account using my Smartphone, given that I have full access only through the Android app, but reading some sources I realised that security changes are only allowed through the website.

I wish there is a way to recover my account, or at least, send all its cards to my unexpected new account.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 6, 2019

@Ignacio Gómez Garay there is a butler action to email all members on a card, even though normally you can't fetch email address from trello name. This means you can use your new trello account to invite your old trello account to a board by username, then add the butler power up for free to that board and generate an email to your old account. This will conclusively tell you which email that account is using, you may have edited it since you first signed up. 

If worse comes to worst you can just use your android device to invite your newly created account to all your boards, make it an admin then leave all those boards from your old account, log out and abandon it 

Ignacio Gómez Garay July 7, 2019

Thank you very much @Iain Dooley ! I found it easier to apply the second solution you proposed me. Even though I could add the butler power upp to a board, I only found an e-mail command to send a notification to a specific adress, but no command to send an email to all members in a card. I would be even more grateful If you tell me where did I miss that command.

Cons3.pngCons1.pngCons2.png

Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 8, 2019

@Ignacio Gómez Garay here you go:

2019-07-08 at 5.18 pm.png

Like Ignacio Gómez Garay likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events