Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking to use Trello to schedule care for my aged father

John Buchanan May 17, 2020

My family and I are looking after our 94 year old father who continues to insist on living in his own home in spite of a recent fall causing multiple fractures and a serious concussion.

There is a combination of 4 local siblings, two remote ones unable to participate in direct care at least until interstate / international travel restrictions are lifted and "commercial" carers as required to supplement family efforts.  I guess that is the team in Trello terminology.

We need to schedule participants to give morning and evening medications, provide 3 meals, morning and afternoon visits and overnight stays.  These tasks will be done by any of the "team", potentially varying from task to task and day to day.

Trello looks like it could be a good tool to do this and make sure each step happens.  My investigation so far suggests that I would need Business Class to have the features required to do what I want.

Do you agree that Business not free version is required?  If yes, what would a minimum number of user licenses be to do the job.  Obviously, this is not a for profit task so money is limited.

Thanks for reading and for any help you can provide.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Brittany Joiner
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 18, 2020

Depending on what you're trying to accomplish you can probably do it with Free trello or Gold ($5/mo).

You could use the Card Repeater Power-Up (free boards get one power-up), to automatically have certain cards/tasks repeat every morning / afternoon (or if there are weekly tasks you can set them up to repeat every week).

From there, the "team", can go in and see what needs to be done and grab one to complete it. You can use labels to indicate if something has been completed. 

Would this solve the use case? Or are there other features you'd need?

John Buchanan May 18, 2020

Hi Brittany - thanks for taking the time to reply.  Sounds like Gold could work.  I would be happy to administer the rostering of the various care tasks, giving a task to one of the team and generating a shared calendar to which each team member could subscribe.  I guess even better would be if others were also able to update the scheduling but not a requirement if it involves greater expenditure.  Thanks again.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events