Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

Looking for a way to repeat a card on a specified cadence to a different board

Hello, I am looking for a way to copy one static card from one board to a completely different board. I am wanting this to happen on an established cadence, ie. weekly,monthly, daily.

The use case for this is as follows. On my reporting board I have a cards that represent a report that needs to be pulled. This board houses all of my reports. Some reports will be pulled by different staff, so I am wanting to copy each report card onto that specific users main task board on the day that the report is due.

Originally I was going to use the Card Repeater power-up, as I thought I would be able to repeat the card to a different board, alas I am unable to. I am looking for a solution to this that doesn't involve mirroring the cards either, as I want the card that is copied onto the persons task board to be untied to the original card. Which I want to remain untouched. Thank you!

1 answer

0 votes
Hannah Morgan Community Leader Nov 04, 2021

Hi Preston! You should be able to achieve this through automation. Specifically a schedule command. Something along the lines of:

"Every week, copy all cards in the "Report" list to boards X, Y, and Z"

There are different ways to lookup the cards you want to copy, e.g copy cards with the "report" label. 

Let me know if you need any more detail around how to set that up 🙂

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Posted in Trello

Taco Tuesday: New years' resolutions with Trello

Congratulations to @Laura Holton , our latest winner of Taco Tuesday! And thanks to @Kristján Geir Mathiesen for sharing the picture of Taco having fun with his new friend  B...

2,396 views 28 41
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you