Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking for a better way to write logs in Trello

Gediminas Jakstas September 24, 2020

Hello,

So, my company teaches students how to create video games and we keep logs of each student inside that student's card's description: their name, age, etc. And we add to the description of the card any new information which we sepparate from the rest and add a date of the information. The problem is that, with the default card description it looks kinda messy. I am looking for a way, ideally and preferrably a power-up, to make these logs more organised. In my mind, a power-up that allows us to sepparate the description of the card into multiple fields of text, sorta like the comments are, would be an exellent fit. We can't use the comments themselves because they are, well, for comments, which are not always exactly relevant to the log.

P.S. because of the way we handle these cards, creating multiple cards for the same student is not possible.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 27, 2020

@Gediminas Jakstas you could add a checklist called "Logs" and type your notes in there. Otherwise something like the JotForm powerup might be a good fit, it's basically an extended note taking interface linked to the card and the editing interface loads within Trello so you don't have to go to an external system (for example you could achieve the same thing by linking to a Google Doc but you'd be going to another system to type the notes).

Gediminas Jakstas September 27, 2020

Forgot to mention: we use the checklists for typing down what the mentors taught the students in their lesson (or planning to) and ticking the check mark when it is done, so it is not possible to do it in check list, would just make it messy.

As for JotForm: yes that actually looks like a decent Power-Up for this. Thank you. I will check it out and see if it fits what we need.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events